Abstract Submission Guideline
1. Submission of abstract by email is preferred. If access to internet is a problem, you may also submit your abstract by mail or by fax to the secretariat:
Miss Lee Mei Wah
Asia-Pacific Coral Reef Symposium
Simon S.F. Li Marine Science Laboratory
Department of Biology
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Fax no.: +852-2603-5391
Email address: email@example.com
2. If sending by email, please specify ¡§APCRS Abstract ¡¨ in the subject heading and sent as a text in the body of your email or as an attachment. If you send your abstract as an attachment, kindly send it as a MS WORD doc file.
3. If submitting abstract by mail or by fax, your abstract will be scanned and reformatted. Hence, kindly ensure that you use at least a 12 point font size, Times Roman font for your print-out.
4. Please limit your abstract to
no more than 300 words, including the title, name(s) and addresses
of the presenter(s). Abstract must be received by the secretariat
not later than February 28, 2006. After that date, we cannot ensure
your presentation (oral or poster) could be accommodated.
5. There is no limit in the number of abstracts you may submit. However, if more than one abstract is submitted, please indicate your priority as the organizing committee may ask you to consider presenting your other works as a poster if there are too many oral presentations.
6. All abstracts should be in English. If you are not a native or good English speaker, kindly ask someone to help you with your English before submitting your abstract. The Local Organizing Committee will edit your abstract if necessary. However, your abstract will be rejected if it is too poorly written or is without any clear content.
7. For student competition, the student must be the only author, or the first author of the abstract to qualify. Abstract for student competition must be certified by the supervisor in writing to indicate that the abstract to be presented represents the major work of the student concerned.
8. Please follow the format of the sample abstract in preparing your own abstract. The presenter must be indicated by an *. The organizing committee reserves the right to reject any abstract which does not fit the specifications prescribed. There is no time to ask you to revise your abstract.
9. Unless otherwise specified by you, only the abstract presenter will be contacted regarding the abstract. It is the responsibility of the presenter to inform other authors. An acknowledgment will be sent out within a week of your submission. If you do not receive such an acknowledgment, kindly send for a follow-up.
10. You will be informed of the acceptance of the abstract by mid March, 2006 the latest. However, you can only present your abstract as an oral or poster contribution after you have official registered not later than May 18, 2006. If registration is not received by then, your abstract will be removed and will not be included in the abstract book, nor will it be scheduled for any oral or poster presentation.
11. For other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat.
Click here to download the APCRS Abstract Submission Form