Students constitute the largest group of users of shuttle bus service. The location of classrooms and scheduling of courses are critical in determining trips generated. Based on actual data, a model was computed to reduce inter-zonal movement.
Future Class Scheduling
It is recommended to adopt a staggering approach in handling classes among different Faculties.
- A 3-hour class is recommended unless other forms of class structure (e.g. 2 + 1) are deemed necessary to handle tutorials, laboratories and other forms of classes.
- With the completion of building projects, it is planned to schedule classes mainly on central campus and Chung Chi College.
Classroom Allocation Logic
It is suggested that the departments pick time while Registration and Examinations Section picks location.
- Daytime classes
- Assign rooms based on primary zones
e.g. Primary zone for Physics is Science Centre
- University General Education assigned at Chung Chi College or central campus
- Non-major courses with clear concentration from a particular major is assigned to home base of those major students
- Evening classes
- Assign all classes in Chung Chi College based on best-fit between class and room size