- Cheung VCK (Member, IEEE), Zheng XC, Cheung RTH and Chan RHM (Senior Member, IEEE) (2020) Modulating the Structure of Motor Variability for Skill Learning Through Specific Muscle Synergies in Elderlies and Young Adults. Engineering in Medicine and Biology 2020 January 3, 10.1109/OJEMB.2019.2963666
- Zhao L, Li Z, Vong JSL, Chen X, Lai HM, Yan LYC, Huang J, Sy SKH, Tian X, Huang Y, Chan EHY, So HC, Ng WL, Tang Y, Lin WJ, Mok VCT, Ko H (2020) Pharmacologically reversible zonation-dependent endothelial cell transcriptomic changes with neurodegenerative disease associations in the aged brain. Nature Communications 2020, 11:4413; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-18249-3
- Cheung VCK, Cheung BMF, Zhang JH, Chan ZYS, Ha SCW, Chen CY and Cheung RTH (2020) Plasticity of muscle synergies through fractionation and merging during development and training of human runners. Nature Communications 2020 11:4356; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-18210-4
- Zhou P, Chan BKC, Wan Yk, ..., Wong KH, Chan EHY, Wong ASL (2020) A Three-Way Combinatorial CRISPR Screen for
Analyzing Interactions among Druggable Targets. Cell Reports 2020 August 11; Cell Reports 32:108020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108020
- Severini G, Koenig A, Adans-Dester C, Cajigas I, Cheung VCK and Bonato P (2020) Robot-Driven Locomotor Perturbations Reveal Synergy-Mediated, Context-Dependent Feedforward and Feedback Mechanisms of Adaptation. Scientific Reports 2020 10:5104; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-61231-8
- Geng Y, Deng H, Samuel OW, Cheung V, Xu Li, Li G (2020) Modulation of muscle synergies for multiple forearm movements under variant force and arm position constraints. Journal of Neural Engineering 2020 April 2; J. Neural. Eng. Vol.7 No.2
- Au LWC, Lee HHC, Sheng B, Chan KY, Yau EKC, Mak CM, Chan AYW, Chan AYY, Lau CKY, Mok VCT, Lam CW (2020) Movement disorders associated with thiamine pyrophosphokinase deficiency: Intrafamilial variability in the phenotype. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 2020 September 28; 199 (2020)106258; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clineuro.2020.106258
- Liu W, Au LWC, Abrigo J, Luo Y, Wong A, Kwan P, Ma AHW, Ng AYT, Chen S, Leung EYL, Ho CL, Chu WCW, Ko H, Shi L, Mok VCT (2020) MRI-based automated volumetric segmentation tool in the detection of early Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer's Dementia 2020; 16(Suppl. 5):e042340; DOI: 10.1002/alz.042340
- Wu XM, Qian C, Jiang F, Bao YX, Qian ZM, Ke Y (2020) The involvementof nuclear factor‐κBinastroprotection against
ischemia‐reperfusion injury by ischemia‐preconditioned neurons. Jounral of Cellular Physiology 2020 November 6; DOI: 10.1002/jcp.30168
- Mu MD, Qian ZM, Yang SX, Rong KL, Yung WH, Ke Y (2020) Therapeutic effect of a histone demethylase
inhibitor in Parkinson’s disease. Cell Death and Disease (2020)11:927; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-020-03105-5
- Li CY, Yang XF, Ke Y, Yung WH, (2020) Fully Affine Invariant Methods for Cross-Session
Registration of Calcium Imaging Data eNeuro 2020 July/August, 7(4) ENEURO.0054-20.2020 1-12; https://doi.org/10.1523/ENEURO.0054-20.2020
- Liang Luo, Qian ZM, Mu MD, Yung WH, Ke Y (2020) Brain Hepcidin Suppresses Major
Pathologies in Experimental Parkinsonism. iScience 2020 July 24; iScience 23, 101284; https://doi.org/10.1016/
- Peng RC, Liu XX, Ke Y, Yung WH, (2020) Randomized cortical stimulation could ameliorate locomotive
inability in Parkinsonian rats: a pilot study.` Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express 2020 March 2; Biomed. Phys. Eng. Express 6 027002; https://doi.org/10.1088/2057-1976/ab756e
- Mu MD, Geng HY, Rong KL, Peng RC, Wang ST, Geng LT, Qian ZM, Yung WH, Ke Y (2020) A limbic circuitry involved in emotional stress-induced grooming. Nat Commun. 2020 May 8;11(1):2261. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-16203-x.
- Qian ZM, Ke Y (2020) Hepcidin and its therapeutic potential in neurodegenerative disorders. Med Res Rev. 2020 Mar;40(2):633-653. doi: 10.1002/med.21631.
- Severini G, Koenig A, Adans-Dester C, Cajigas I, Cheung VCK, Bonato P (2020) Robot-driven locomotor perturbations reveal synergy-mediated, context-dependent feedforward and feedback mechanisms of adaptation. Sci Rep. 2020 Mar 25;10(1):5104. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-61231-8.
- Wong A, Lou W, Ho KF, Yiu BK, Lin S, Chu WC, Abrigo J, Lee D, Lam BY, Au LW, Soo YO, Lau AY, Kwok TC, Leung TW, Lam LC, Ko H, Mok VCT (2020) Indoor incense burning impacts cognitive functions and brain functional connectivity in community older adults. Sci Rep. 2020 Apr 27;10(1):7090. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-63568-6.
- Wong A, Yiu S, Lam BYK,Leung KT, Shi L, Lo E, Abrigo J, Au LWC, Lau A, Mok VCT (2019) Physical activities attenuate the negative cognitive impact from white matter hyperintensities in stroke and TIA patients with low education. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2019 August 5, 34:1792-1798; DOI: 10.1002/gps.5194,
- Zhao P, Qian C, Chen YJ, Sheng Y, Ke Y and Qian ZM (2019) Cystathionine β-synthase (CBS) deficiency suppresses erythropoiesis by disrupting expression of heme biosynthetic enzymes and transporter. Cell Death and Disease 2019, 10:708, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-019-1951-0
- Hong H, Koon AC, Chan ZS, Wei Y, An Y, Li W, Lau MHY, Lau KF, Ngo JCK, Wong CH, Au-Yeung HY, Zimmerman SC and Chan EHY and Zuo Z (2019) AQAMAN, a bisamidine-based inhibitor of toxic protein inclusions in neurons, ameliorates cytotoxicity in polyglutamine disease models. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2019, 294(8) 2757-2770
- Chen SZF and Chan EHY(2019) Transcriptional dysregulation in neurodegenerative diseases: who tipped the balance of Yin Yang 1 in the brain? Neural Regeneration Research 2019 Jul; 14(7): 1148-1151. doi: 10.4103/1673-5374.251193
- Bao SC, Leung WC, Cheung VCK, Zhou P, Tong KY (2019) Pathway-specific modulatory effects of neuromuscular electrical stimulation during pedaling in chronic stroke survivors. J Neuroeng Rehabil. 2019 Nov 19;16(1):143. doi: 10.1186/s12984-019-0614-9
- Law LLF, Mok VCT, Yau MMK (2019) Effects of functional tasks exercise on cognitive functions of older adults with mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled pilot trial. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2019 Dec 4;11(1):98. doi: 10.1186/s13195-019-0548-2.
- Cheung CY, Chan VTT, Mok VCT, Chen C, Wong TY (2019) Potential retinal biomarkers for dementia: what is new? Curr Opin Neurol. 2019 Feb;32(1):82-91. doi: 10.1097/WCO.0000000000000645.
- Yu AC, Yim AK, Chan AY, Yuen LYP, Au WC, Cheng THT, Lin X, Li JW, Chan LWL, Mok VCT, Chan TF, Chan HYE (2019) A targeted gene panel that covers coding, non-coding and short tandem repeat regions improves the diagnosis of patients with neurodegenerative diseases. Front Neurosci. 2019 Dec 11;13:1324. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2019.01324
- Lam BYK, Leung KT, Yiu B, Zhao L, Biesbroek JM, Au L, Tang Y, Wang K, Fan Y, Fu JH, Xu Q, Song H, Tian X, Chu WCW, Abrigo J, Shi L, Ko H, Lau A, Duering M, Wong A, Mok VCT (2019) Peak width of skeletonized mean diffusivity and its association with age-related cognitive alterations and vascular risk factors. Alzheimers Dement (Amst). 2019 Oct 25;11:721-729. doi:10.1016/j.dadm.2019.09.003. eCollection 2019 Dec.
- Ma KKY, Lin S, Mok VCT(2019) Neuroimaging in Vascular Parkinsonism. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2019 Nov 26;19(12)102. doi: 10.1007/s11910-019-1019-7
- Zhou X, Chen Y, Mok KY, Kwok TCY, Mok VCT, Guo Q, Ip FC, Chan Y, Mullapudi N, Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative, Giusti-Rodriguez P, Sullivan PF, Hardy J, Fu AKY, Li Y, Ip NY (2019) Non-coding variability at the APOE locus contributes to the Alzheimer's risk. Nat Commun. 2019 Jul 25;10(1):3310. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10945-z.
- Qian ZM and Ke Y (2019) Brain iron transport. Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc. 2019 Oct;94(5):1672-1684. doi: 10.1111/brv.12521
- Kwok JYY, Kwan JCY, Auyeung M, Mok Vincent CT, Lau CKY and Chan HYL (2019) Effects of Mindfulness Yoga vs Stretching and Resistance Training Exercises on Anxiety and Depression for People With Parkinson Disease A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Neurology July 2019 Volume 76, Number 7
- Zhang Q, An Y, Chen ZFS, Koon AC, Lau KF, Ngo JCK and Chan HY Edwin (2019) A Peptidylic Inhibitor for Neutralizing r(GGGGCC)exp-Associated Neurodegeneration in C9ALS-FTD. Molecular Therapy: Nucleic Acids June 2019 Vol.16 pp. 172-185
- Li CY, Chan DCW, Yang XF, Ke Y and Yung WH (2019) Prediction of Forelimb Reach Results From Motor Cortex Activities Based on Calcium Imaging and Deep Learning. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience March 12, 2019 Volume 13, Article 88
- Kim MR, Feng T, Zhang Q, Chan HY Edwin and Chau Y (2019) Co-Encapsulation and Co-Delivery of Peptide Drugs via Polymeric Nanoparticles. Polymers February 8, 2019, 11, 288; doi:10.3390
- Chen ZFS, Chan HY Edwin (2019) Transcriptional dysregulation in neurodegenerative diseases: who tipped the balance of Yin Yang 1 in the brain? Neural Regeneration Research 2019 14(7):1148-1151. doi:10.4103/1673-5374.251193
- Lau AY, Mok V, Lee J, Fan YH, Zeng JS, Lam B, Wong A, Kwok C, Lai M and Zee B (2019) Retinal image analytics detects white matter hyperintensities in healthy adults. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology 2019 6(1): 98-105
- Wang QW, Peng SH, Hu Y, Wong CH, Kwan KM and Chan HY Edwin and Zuo Z (2019) Efficient brain uptake and distribution of an expanded CAG RNA inhibitor DB213 via intranasal administration. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2019 127 240-251
- Zhang MW, Yang G, Zhou YF, Qian C, Mu MD, Ke Y and Qian ZM (2019) Regulating ferroportin-1 and transferrin receptor-1 expression: A novel function of hydrogen sulfide. Journal of Cellular Physiology 2019, 234:3158-3169
- Hong HL, Koon AC, Chen ZFS, Wei YM, An Y, Li W, Lau MHY, Lau KF, Ngo JCK, Wong CH, Au-Yeung HYA, Zimmerman SC and Chan HY Edwin (2019) AQAMAN, a bisamidine-based inhibitor of toxic protein inclusions in neurons, ameliorates cytotoxicity in polyglutamine disease models. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2019, 294(8) 2757-2770
- Chen ZFS, Wong AKY, Cheng TC, Koon AC and Chan HY Edwin (2019) FipoQ/FBXO33, a Cullin-1-based ubiquitin ligase complex component modulates ubiquitination and solubility of polyglutamine disease protein. Journal of Neurochemistry 2019, 149, 781-798
- Abrigo J, Shi L, Luo YS, Chen QY, Chu WCW and, Mok Vincent CT (2019) Standardization of hippocampus volumetry using automated brain structure volumetry tool for an initial Alzheimer’s disease imaging biomarker. Acta Radiologica 2019, Vol.60(6)769-776
- Yang M, Zhang Q, Wang Q, Sorensen KS, Boesen JT, Ma SY, Jensen KJ, Kwan KM, Ngo JCK, Chan HYE and Zuo Z (2018) Brain-Targeting Delivery of Two Peptidylic Inhibitors for Their Combination Therapy in Transgenic Polyglutamine Disease Mice via Intranasal Administration. Molecular Pharmaceutic 2018, 15, 5781-5792
- Duo KX, Tan MS, Tan CC, Cao XP, Hou XH, Guo QH, Tan L, Mok V and Yu JT (2018) Comparative safety and effectiveness of
cholinesterase inhibitors and memantine for Alzheimer’s disease: a network metaanalysis of 41 randomized controlled trials. Alzheimer's Research & Therapy December 27, 2018, 10:126
- Zhang MW, Zhao P, Yung WH, Sheng Y, Ke Y and Qian ZM (2018) Tissue iron is negatively correlated with TERC or TERT mRNA expression: a heterochronic parabiosis study in mice. Aging 2018, 16, Vol.10, No.12
- Koon AC, Chen ZFS, Peng SH, Fung JMS, Zhang XM, Lembke KM, Chow HK, Frank CA, Jiang LW, Lau KF and Chan HY Edwin (2018) Drosophila Exo70 Is Essential for Neurite Extension and Survival under Thermal Stress. The Journal of Neuroscience
September 12, 2018, 38(37):8071-8086
- Cui Q, Li Q, Geng H, Chen L, Ip NY, Ke Y, Yung WH (2018) Dopamine receptors mediate strategy abandoning via modulation of a specific prelimbic cortex-nucleus accumbens pathway in mice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA
May 7, 2018, doi:10.1073/pnas.1717106115
- Wong A, Yiu S, Nasreddine Z, Leung KT, Lau A, Soo YOY, Wong LK, Mok V (2018) Validity and reliability of two alternate versions of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (Hong Kong version) for screening of Mild Neurocognitive Disorder. PLoS One
May 23, 2018, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0196344
- Turolla A, Venneri A, Farina D, Cagnin A, Cheung VCK (2018) Editorial Rehabilitation Induced Neural Plasticity after Acquired Brain Injury Neural Plasticity
May 10, 2018, Volume 2018, Article ID 6565418, 3 pages
- Wang QW, Wong CH, Chan Edwin HY, Lee WY, Zuo Z (2018) Statistical Design of Experiment (DoE) based development and optimization of DB213 in situ thermosensitive gel for intranasal delivery. International Journal of Pharmaceutics
Volume 539, Issues 1-2, 25 March 2018, Pages 50-57
- Zhang Q, Chen Stephen ZF, An Y, Liu HZ, Hou YH, Li W, Lau KF, Koon Alex, Ngo Jacky, Chan Edwin (2018) A peptidylic inhibitor for neutralizing expanded CAG RNA-induced nucleolar stress in polyglutamine diseases. RNA
January 2, 2018, doi: 10.1261/rna.062703.117
- Wong Adrian, Black Sandra E, Yiu Stanley YP, Au Lisa WC, Lau Alexander YL, Soo Yannie OY, Chan Anne YY, Leung Thomas WH, Wong Lawrence KS, Kwok Timothy CY, Cheung Theodore CK, Leung KT, Lam Bonnnie YK, Kwan Joseph SK, Mok Vincent CT (2018) Converting MMSE to MoCA and MoCA 5‐minute protocol in an educationally heterogeneous sample with stroke or transient ischemic attack. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 02 January 2018, doi: 10.1002/gps.4846
- Wang QW, Zhang YF, Wong CH, Chan Edwin HY, Zuo Z (2018) Demonstration of Direct Nose-to-Brain Transport of Unbound HIV-1 Replication Inhibitor DB213 Via Intranasal Administration by Pharmacokinetic Modeling. The APPS Journal
January 2018, 20:23
- Zhou YF, Wu XM, Zhou G, Mu MD, Zhang FL, Li FM, Qian Christopher, Du F, Yung WH, Qian ZM, Ke Y, (2018) Cystathionine ß-synthase is required for body iron homeostasis. Hepatology Vol. 67, No.1, doi: 10.1002/hep.29499 (2018)
- Chan TTV, Tso HKT, Tang FY, Tham C, Mok CV, Chen C, Wong TY, Cheung YC (2017) Using retinal imaging to study dementia. Journal of Visualized Experiments
(129), e56137, doi:10.3791/56137 (2017)
- Kowk JoJo YY, Kwan Jackie CY, Auyeung M, Mok Vincent CV, Chan Helen YL (2017) The effects of yoga versus stretching and resistance traning exercises on psychological distress for people with mild-to-moderate Parkinson's disease: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials
18:590, doi:10.1186/s 13063-017-2223-x (2017)
- Zhang Q, Yang MB, Sørensen KK, Madsen CS, Boesen JT, An Y, Peng SH, Wei Y, Wang Q, Jensen KJ, Zuo Z, Chan Edwin HY, Ngo Jacky CK (2017) A brain-targeting lipidated peptide for neutralizing RNA-mediated toxicity in Polyglutamine Diseases. Scientific Reports
7: 12077, doi:10.1038/s41598-017-11695-y (2017)
- Zhang FL, Hou HM, Yin ZN, Chang L, Li FM, Chen YJ, Ke Y, Qian ZM (2017) Impairment of Hepcidin Upregulation by Lipopolysaccharide in the Interleukin-6 Knockout Mouse Brain. frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience
07 November 2017, doi:10.3389/fnmol.2017.00367 (2017)
- Guo P, Chan HYE, Lam SL (2017) Conformational flexibility in the RNA stem-loop structures formed by CAG repeats. FEBS Letters May 27;591(12)1752-1760. doi: 10.1002/1873-3468.12672
- Li Q, Ko H, Qian ZM, Yan LYC, Chan DCW, Arbuthnott G, Ke Y, Yung WH (2017) Refinement of learned skilled movement representation in motor cortex deep output layer. Nature Communications Jun 9;8:15834. doi: 10.1038/ncomms15834
- Lui NC, Tam WY, Cao C, Huang JD, Wang CC, Jiang L, Yung WH, Kwan KM (2017) Lhx1/5 control dendritogenesis and spine morphogenesis of Purkinje cells via regulation of Epsin. Nature Communications May 18:8:15079. doi: 10.1038/ncomms15079.
- Wong E, Yang B, Du L, Ho WH, Lau C, Ke Y, Chan YS, Yung WH, Wu EX (2017) The multi-level impact of chronic intermittent hypoxia on central auditory processing. NeuroImage May 19;156:232-239. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2017.05.036.
- Koon AC, Chan HYE (2017) Drosophila melanogaster As a Model Organism to Study RNA Toxicity of Repeat Expansion-Associated Neurodegenerative and Neuromuscular Diseases. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience
(Review article: 10.3389/fncel.2017.00070)
- Li L, Ng NK, Koon AC, Chan HYE (2017) Expanded polyalanine tracts function as nuclear export signals and promote protein mislocalization via eEF1A1 factor. Journal of Biological Chemistry 292:5784-5800.
- Mok CV, Lam BY, Wong A, Ko H, Markus HS, Wong LK (2017) Early-onset and delayed-onset poststrok dementia – revisiting the mechanisms. Nature Reviews Neurology 13:148-159.
- Yu AC, Chan AYY, Au WC, Shen Y, Chan TF, Chan HYE (2016) Whole-genome sequencing of two probands with hereditary spastic paraplegia reveals novel splice-donor region variant and known pathogenic variant in SPG11. Cold Spring Harbor Molecular Case Studies doi: 10.1101/mcs.a001248