In light of the current situation in the community and on campus, the Committee on Health Promotion and Protection reaffirms the University Mask Policy along the following precautions:
- Staff and students should keep a face/surgical mask handy for use in crowded or poorly ventilated areas.
- Staff and students should wear a mask if:
- they work or visit UHS and hospitals;
- they work at canteen kitchens when the Serious Response Level or above is activated;
- they have respiratory infection symptoms or have cared for patients with respiratory infection symptoms.
- For staff and students who do not belong to category 2 above, wearing facial masks within the University compound is not a must but pregnant mothers, lactating mothers or ill personnels are advised to do so if they wish.
- For students who have respiratory symptoms or fever and are sitting for examination within the University compound, they should wear facial masks in the examination venue.
The Committee would like to emphasize that other hygiene and precautionary measures should be observed. Please click here the proper procedures for wearing a face mask.