Southern California American Studies and Culture Study Tour
June 9 – July 6: Los Angeles/Orange County; Leave Hong Kong Sunday, June 9, 2013
Return from LAX Sunday, July 7, 2013
Marriot Hotel (3 students per room) California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) Campus
Faculty from Universities in the Southern California basin.
Lecture Topics Include:
People’s History of America, American Folk Music, Ethnicity in America, China Towns in American Cities, Family and Gender in American Society, Religion in America, American Literature (Poetry, Novel, Short Story), Arts in America, American Youth Culture, Immigration and Immigrant Communities, the U.S. Economy, American Educational System, American Justice System, and America in the World Order, all with emphasis on Southern California
Academic Field Trips:
Walking Tour of LA, Museum of Tolerance, Museum of Contemporary Art, J. Paul Getty Museum, LAMuseum of Art, Le Brea Tar Pits., Huntington Library/ Gardens
Disneyland, Universal Studios, San Diego Zoo, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hollywood, Santa Monica, The Promenade, Venice Beach, and a couple of free days to explore the Southern California area and beaches on your own.
- Program costs: HK$22,860 (or US$2930). Includes Hotel Rooms (3 students per room) all local transportation – Buses, Metro Link, Amtrak – Las Vegas/Grand Canyon 3-Day Tour, Breakfast and Lunch each day, Park Entry Fees, Health Insurance, Escorts.
- Roundtrip Airfare Hong Kong to LAX (tax is not included): about HK$7,100 (or US$900)
- US Visa application Fee: HK$1,280 (or US$165)
- Total Estimated Direct Costs: About HK$31,240 (or about US$3,995)
- Full-time undergraduate students in any major
- Aged 18 or above
On Going – Deadline March 1, 2013. Admissions: first come – space available (Only 27 places).