Panacea Lodge (ICM Staff Quarters)
About the Panacea Lodge
- The Panacea Lodge is the staff quarter of the Institute of Chinese Medicine (ICM) and is situated in the University’s main campus. There are 6 furnished units with 23 beds (single occupancy in twin bedroom, with shared kitchen, bath and dining room) for letting out.
Eligibility and Priority of Residents
- The Panacea Lodge was built to house research staff and visitors for University’s project related to Chinese medicine. Staff or visitors of other CUHK departments are also welcome should there be any vacancy.
- Bed spaces are allocated according to the following priorities:
- First Priority: ICM staff, i.e. staff whose salary is charged to an ICM account
- Second Priority: (a) ICM visitor, or (b) ICM affiliated staff, i.e. staff working on Chinese medicine or related projects not under ICM accounts
- Third Priority: staff or visitor of other CUHK departments
- Allocation within the same category is made on a first come, first served basis. Occupants applying for extension of stay will have priority over new applicants of the same category, on condition that the total period of stay is not more than 24 months unless otherwise approved by ICM.
Terms of Occupancy
- The allocation of bed space at the Panacea Lodge is on a temporary basis, normally for six months or upon the expiry of the employment/visitorship at the University, whichever is shorter. Application for renewal should be submitted in writing 2 months prior to expiration and renewal will be subject to availability of space, where the priority guidelines will come into place.
- Occupants should move out from the Panacea Lodge immediately upon expiration of the occupancy terms, or should they resign or be transferred to other departments, or their contract with the University expired or be terminated by the University. The ICM may at its discretion give the occupant a grace period of 7 days for moving out.
- The Institute of Chinese Medicine reserves the right to require the occupant to reallocate to another room on 1-month prior written notice, or to withdraw the allocation of bed space on 3-month prior written notice.
- ICM staff – HK$1,000/bed per month
- Other residents – HK$1,600/bed per month
- The above rates will be reviewed by the Institute of Chinese Medicine from time to time.
- Management Fee
- Each resident is required to pay for the management fee of HK$200 per month. This fee is counted on monthly basis but is not pro-rata. For instance, if the check-in and check-out dates are 10 May 2008 and 10 July 2008, the occupant is required to pay HK$600 (HK$200 x 3 month) for the 3-month management fee.
- ICM staff –anytime
- ICM visitor or affiliated staff – from 6 months to 1 week prior to the date of arrival
- Staff or visitor of other CUHK departments – from 1 month to 1 week prior to the date of arrival
- Completed application form, together with supporting document such as invitation letter or appointment letter, should be forwarded to the General Office of the Institute of Chinese Medicine.
- Confirmation of booking will be issued within 10 working days upon receipt of the completed application form. Booking will only be confirmed upon the applicant’s signing of the letter of acceptance.
- The accommodation cost is to be made by direct salary deduction through the Bursary mechanism or by a standing instruction for transfer of fund from the account of the department concerned for visitors with honorarium and for those whose rentals are to be paid by the department on top of their salary. ICM will accept cash payment only under special circumstances.
- Any amendment or cancellation of booking should be made 10 working days prior to the scheduled arrival. The Institute of Chinese Medicine reserves the right to reallocate the bed space should the arrival be postponed for over 1 month, and may not guarantee a bed space thereafter under such circumstances.
- The Institute of Chinese Medicine may, at its absolute discretion, reject an application or terminate the tenancy with an individual.