Connection Time Per Session
|All Operating Systems
- 8 hours with 1 hour idle time out.
- You can make the connection again when the session expires.
|Special notes for Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x to 10.10.x or iOS (iPhone/iPad) 7.x to 8.x
- Applications running on a VPN session may be interrupted every 48 minutes.
- During the interrupted period, applications normally will try to perform recovery itself. If the recovery can be made successfully, the application can be used again after a short pause. Otherwise, users will find the applications stop working and need to restart the applications.
- There is no solution right now. ITSC is now working with Apple to fix this problem.
|Special notes for Windows 8.0/8.1
- A VPN session may end after one hour.
- You can make a new VPN connection when the session ends. Some users may also need to manually disconnect from network (e.g. Wi-Fi) and then reconnect to it before they can make a VPN connection again.
- If you are using Windows 8.0, you can request a hotfix directly from the solution released by Microsoft at KB2955808. Or you can also obtain the hotfix from CUHKby (1) connecting to CUHK VPN; (2) visiting here . Please follow the VPN setup instruction below if you have not set up the VPN.
- If you are using Windows 8.1, you should be able to obtain the Update Rollup June 2014 from Windows Update
- For more information, please visit the solution KB2955808 released by Microsoft.