To use the CUguest Wi-Fi service (SSID=CUguest), you need to
Note the security concerns as some services will not be available though this connection.
Turn on your Wi-Fi enabled device (such as your laptop, PDA, smartphone* etc) and detect the network SSID=CUguest
Open your web browser and visit any webpages as you like.
- By default, you can browse CUHK homepage at http://www.cuhk.edu.hk even though you have not yet login to the Wi-Fi service. For other webpages, you will be first prompted to enter your account.
- At "Login to CUguest Wi-Fi Service" page:
I. Enter your User ID as above (excluding domain name)
II. Select your User Category from the pull-down menu:
III. Enter your password, and then click Login.d. For a successfully login, you’ll be able to surf the web anytime at campus hotspots.
Logout the service by clicking the Logout link that prompted on the screen.
Except for 1-hour idle time disconnection, there is no connection time quota in using this service.
- Best Practices For Accessing Public Wi-Fi Service
- Getting Connected to CUguest Wi-Fi Service
2.1 Windows 7 Users
2.2 Windows XP Users
2.3 Windows Vista Users
2.4 Window Mobile 6.1 Users
2.5 Window Mobile 5.0 Users (Chinese)
2.6 Macintosh Users
2.7 iPhone/ iPod Touch Users
* Smartphone users should temporarily disable mobile data services such as GPRS, EDGE, UMTS or HSDPA provided by your mobile operator. This helps to avoid the associated service charge from your mobile operator caused by the accidental change of Internet access from the campus free Wi-Fi connections to mobile data services when the Wi-Fi signal becomes weak or inaccessible. For details of how to disable your mobile data services, please contact your mobile operator.