This is a research-focused programme containing two study streams – the MPhil stream and the PhD stream. The two streams are articulated. This programme on completion leads to the award of a Master of Philosophy or a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing degree from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
The programme aims to facilitate the development of postgraduate nurses with a high level of scholarship and research expertise in nursing practice.
Mode of Study
- MPhil Stream (Full-time): 2 years; (Part-time): 3 years
- PhD Stream (Full-time): 3 years (with a research Master's degree) or 4 years (without a research Master's degree)
- PhD Stream (Part-time): 48 months (with a research Master's degree) or 64 months (without a research Master's degree)
- A Master's degree from a recognized university; or
- Graduated from a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- Graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than 'B' in undergraduate courses; or
- Completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.