Guide on Application for Admission

Local Students (Year 1 Admissions)

Local* applicants who are not using the results of Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) for admissions purpose will be considered as Non-JUPAS (Local) applicants.

* For details of local/ non-local student status, please see below.



Local Students (Sub-Degree Holders)
  • if you have the right of abode / the right to land in Hong Kong; OR
  • if you are holding a dependant visa for entry to Hong Kong (Subject to verification).



International Students

Non-local applicants are those who:

  • require a student visa / entry permit to study in Hong Kong; OR
  • are holders of a visa / entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG); OR
  • are holders of a dependant visa / entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration.




If you have any doubt or query on your residential status, please contact the Immigration Department of the Government of the Hong Kong SAR .

Copyright (c) 2021. All Rights Reserved. The Chinese University of Hong Kong.