We hope that all staff and students can observe the following precautionary measures; the University Health Service (UHS) would be happy to provide further assistance. Consult your doctor promptly if you have developed respiratory symptoms such as fever, malaise, chills, headache, joint pain, dizziness, rigors, cough, sore throat and runny nose – EARLY TREATMENT is the KEY.
- Keep hands clean and wash hands properly with liquid soap and water. Alcohol-based handrubs are also effective when hands are not visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover nose and mouth with tissues when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid going to crowded or poorly-ventilated places. If you must do so, wear a mask and step up personal hygiene.
- Do not share towels or personal items.
- Use serving spoons and chopsticks.
- Avoid contact with poultry or birds and their droppings. If contacts have been made, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Put on a face mask when influenza symptoms or fever develop. See a doctor promptly.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly with diluted household bleach (i.e. adding 1 part of household bleach to 99 parts of water), wait until dry and rinse with water.
- If the facilities are contaminated, wash/wipe with diluted domestic bleach (mixing 1 part of bleach with 49 parts of water) immediately.
- Maintain good indoor ventilation. Air-conditioning systems and exhaust fans should be cleaned and maintained regularly.
- Maintain proper function of toilets, drains and pipes.
Seeking Medical Assistance at UHS
- Any staff or student who has a fever or is sick should arrange an appointment at UHS. You can book in person or by phone: 39436439 or via the UHS website.
- You may contact UHS on 39436436 for further information on disease preventive measures and UHS services.