Hand washing is an effective way to prevent the spread of diseases. Proper washing techniques is easy to learn and is highly recommended to maintain one's good hygiene practices. Follow these 5 simple steps:
- Wet your hands with running water (warm running water if available).
- Add liquid soap, then rub your hands to make a soapy lather. Rub your hands, between your fingers and under your nails away from the running water for at least 10 seconds. Don't forget your wrists. The soap lather helps trap dirt and infective organisms, which can then be washed away easier.
- Rinse your hands well under the running water.
- Turn the water off with a paper towel and dispose the towel in a proper receptacle.
- Dry hands thoroughly with a disposal paper towel, or hand dryer.