Student Hostel is a relatively crowded high risk area. All persons are advised to practise good hygiene habits and observe the preventive guidelines in hostels. The hostel wardens and respective hostel committees will assist in enforcing the relevant measures.
Health Declaration and Checking Body Temperature
- ALL newly admitted hostel resident students and those returning from trips outside of Hong Kong are required to declare their travel history in the previous 14 days by filling in the Health Declaration Form (online). They are also required to monitor their health conditions for 14 days, during which period they must fill in the Self-medical Surveillance Form (online). These forms should be submitted to the wardens of their respective hostels.
- Thermometers can be obtained at the front desk of student hostels for checking body temperature.
- Any student who has a fever or is sick otherwise should seek medical attention.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze and before you eat.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
- Maintain good indoor ventilation.
- Keep the hostel room clean.
- Put on a face mask if you have runny nose, cough or sore throat.
- Avoid going to crowded or poorly-ventilated places.
- Do not share towels or personal items.
- Use serving spoons or chopsticks.
If fever of over 38°C and/or respiratory symptoms develop:
- Wear a mask and seek medical attention promptly.
- Do not attend classes or participate in mass activities.
- Stay home until recovery as far as possible.