1.3.1 Chief Administrator(s)
Every department/unit can have one or more Chief
Administrator(s). A Chief Administrator can:
- update his/her department's web pages
- add or delete sub-administrators
However, a Chief Administrator cannot add / delete other Chief
Administrators. To do so, please submit (Request here). You will provide:
- Requested department/unit
- Requested URL (e.g. https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/itsc)
- Name, Computing ID, telephone number and e-mail address of the Chief Administrator(s) to be added / deleted
1.3.2 Sub Administrator(s)
Every department can have one or more sub-administrator(s).
A sub-administrator can:
- update all or part of his/her departmental web pages, depending
on the priviledge granted by the Chief Administrator
of that department.
Chief Administrators can grant sub-administrator privilege to student helpers so that they can develop and test new pages on the staging server. Once put into production, the students' privileges can be revoked.
To add a sub administrator, enter his/her Computing ID and the URL you want to grant him/her, using the Departmental Web admin system. If you want to grant his/her access to only a sub-directory, please make sure that the sub-directory already exists, otherwise the sub-administrator(s) won't be able to login.
Back to top of page