- Wong NS, Tang W, Miller WC, Ong JJ, Lee SS. Expanded HIV testing in non-key populations – the neglected strategy for minimising late diagnosis. Int J Infect Dis. 2023. [in press]
- Wong NS, Chan DP, Chung SL, Kwan TH, Lee KC, Kwan CK, Lee SS. Self-sampled multi-anatomic site testing for uncovering the community burden of undiagnosed Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in men who have sex with men. PMID: 37857977. Infection. 2023 Oct 19. doi: 10.1007/s15010-023-02107-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sharma A, Gupta B, Petersen E, Lee SS, Zumla A. Enhancing preparedness for reducing transmission and globalisation of Antimicrobial Resistance at the Ardh Kumbh Mela 2025, the world's largest recurring religious mass gathering. Int J Infect Dis. 2023; [ePub 16 October 2023]
- Petersen E, Lee SS, Blumberg L, Levison ME. Antimicrobial resistance – a global problem in need of global solutions. Int J Infect Dis. 2023; [ePub 11 Oct 2023]
- Wong NS, Chan DP, Kwan TH, Lui GC, Lee KC, Lee SS. Dynamicity of HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Usage Pattern and Association with Executed Adherence in MSM: An Implementation Study in Hong Kong. AIDS Behav. 2023 Sep 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wong NS, Wong BC, Lee MP, Tsang OT, Cheung DKF, Sit AY, Wong SY, Lee SS. Mpox vaccination for men who have sex with men and their differential risk of exposure and infection. Hum Vaccin Immunother. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2023;19(2):2252263
- Lau LHW, Wong NS, Leung CC, Chan CK, Tai L-B, Lau AKH, Lin C, Lee SS. Association of ambient PM2.5 concentration with tuberculosis reactivation diseases – an integrated spatio-temporal analysis. IJID Regions. 2023; [ePub 10 August 2023]
- Lee SS, Bockarie MJ, Al-Tawfig JA. Was the public health emergency status of mpox ended too soon? Int J Infect Dis. 2023; [ePub 14 July 20-23]
- Chung SL, Wong NS, Ho KM, Lee SS. Coinfection and repeat bacterial sexually transmitted infections (STI) - retrospective study on male attendees of public STI clinics in an Asia Pacific city. Epidemiol Infect. 2023 Jun 9;151:e101.
- Hui DS, Yung L, Chan KKP, Ng SS, Lui G, Ko FW, Chan TO, Yiu K, Li Y, Chan MTV, Yen HL. Risk of air and surface contamination during application of different noninvasive respiratory support for patients with COVID-19. Int J Infect Dis. 2023;133:60-66.
- Lee SS, Sakuma Y, Tucker JD. Charting the course of biomedical STI prevention – can it be hastened? Int J Infect Dis. 2023; [ePub 8 June 2023]
- Zhuang X, Zhao Z, Feng X, Lui GCY, Chan D, Lee SS, Hsing I-M. Integrating magnetic-bead-based sample extraction and molecular barcoding for the one-step pooled RT-qPCR assay of viral pathogens without retesting. Anal Chem. 2023;95(14):6182–90. [ePub 2 April 2023]
- Chan CP, Kwan TH, Wong NS, Poon CM, Lee SS. Temporal Changes in Sexually Transmitted Infections in a Cohort of Men Who Have Sex with Men Living with HIV: Sex Partner Seeking and Behavioral Correlates. Arch Sex Behav. 2023 Apr 26. Epub ahead of print.
- Kwan TH, Chan DPC, Wong SY, Lee SS. Implementation Cascade of a Social Network–Based HIV Self-testing Approach for Men Who Have Sex With Men: Cross-sectional Study. J Med Internet Res 2023;25:e46514.
- Mok CKP, Chen C, Zhao S, Sun Y, Yiu K, Chan T-O, Lai H-L, Lai KC, Lau KM, Ling KC, Chan KKP, Ng SS, Ko FW, Peiris M, Hui DS. Omicron BA.1-specific T-cell responses in adults vaccinated with CoronaVac or BNT162b2 in Hong Kong: an observational cohort study. Lancet Microbe 2023; [ePub 19 April 2023]
- Lui G, Leung H, Lee J, Wong CK, Ho M, Wong V, Li S, Li T, Ho T, Chan YY, Lee SS, Lee PW, Wong KT, Zee B. An efficient approach to estimate the risk of coronary artery disease for people living with HIV using machine-learning-based retinal image analysis. PLoS One 2023;18(2):e0281701.
- Chan DPC, Wong BCK, Wong KH, Poon CM, Chan CP, Cheung DKF, Wong NS, Lee SS. Clustered HCV transmission in HIV-positive MSM and the impacts of interventions for achieving microelimination. Int J Infect Dis 2023:S0163-4453(23)00110-X.
- Bockarie MJ, Hanson J, Ansumana R, Yeboah-Manu D, Zumla A, Lee SS. The re-emergence of Marburg virus Disease in West Africa: how prepared is the sub-region for preventing recurrent zoonotic outbreaks? J Infect 2023; [epub 2 Mar 2023]
- Wong NS, Chan DPC, Poon CM, Chan CP, Lau LHW, Yeoh EK, Lee SS. Hepatitis B burden and population immunity in a high endemicity city - a geographically random household epidemiology study for evaluating achievability of elimination. Epidemiol Infect. 2023:1-30.
- Haider N, Kock R, Zumla A, Lee SS. Consequences and Global Risks of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza outbreaks in poultry in the United Kingdom. Int J Infect Dis. 2023; [ePub 20 January 2023]
- Elgalib A, Lau R, Al-Habsi Z, Shah S, Al-Rawahi B, Memish ZA, Lee SS, Al-Abri S. Elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, syphilis and viral hepatitis B: a call for renewed global focus. Int J Infect Dis. 2022; [ePub 26 Nov 2022]
- Wong NS, Kwan TH, Chan DPC, Lui GCY, Lee SS. Regular Testing of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections With Self-Collected Samples From Multiple Anatomic Sites to Monitor Sexual Health in Men Who Have Sex With Men: Longitudinal Study. JMIR Form Res. 2022;6:e40996.
- Kwan TH, Wong NS, Chan CP, Yeoh EK, Wong SY, Lee SS. Mass Screening of SARS-CoV-2 With Rapid Antigen Tests in a Receding Omicron Wave: Population-Based Survey for Epidemiologic Evaluation. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2022;8(11):e40175. [ePub 9 November 2022]
- Srinivas M, Wong NS, Wallace R, Emch M, Tang W, Yang EJ, Tucker JD. Sexually Transmitted Infection Rates and Closure of Family Planning Clinics Because of Abortion Restrictions in Iowa. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.39063. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;5:e2239063
- Silva Costa N, Oliveira LMA, Mestrovic T, Obiero CW, Lee SS, Pinto TCA. The urgent need to recognize and properly address prenatal-onset group B Streptococcus disease. Int J Infect Dis 2022; [ePub 12 October 2022]
- Poon PK, Wong NS, Leung WS, Wong BC, Kwong TS, Kwan TH, Lui GC, Tsang OT, Lee MP, Wong KH, Lee SS. The differential impacts of early detection and accelerated antiretroviral therapy on the epidemiologic trend of sexually acquired HIV infection in Hong Kong. PLoS One 2022;17(9):e0274498. [ePub 14 Sep 2022]
- Shafi S, Azhar E, Al-Abri S, Sharma A, Merali N, Al-Tawfiq JA, El-Kafrawy SA, Zumla A, Lee SS. Infectious diseases threats at the Arba'een – a neglected but one of the largest annually recurring mass gathering religious events. Int J Infect Dis 2022; [ePub 9 Sep 2022]
- Wong NS, Chan DPC, Chan PC, Poon CM, Wong GLH, Wong VWS, Lee SS. Point-of-care hepatitis C reflex testing and treatment referral in methadone clinic settings in Hong Kong – a pilot study. Int J Infect Dis Regions 2022; [ePub 29 August 2022]
- Leung RKK, Cheng Q-X, Wu Z-L, Khan G, Liu Y, Xia Y, Wang J. CRISPR-Cas12-based
nucleic acids detection systems. Methods. 2022 Jul;203:276-281.
- Lee SS, Tambyah PA, Abubakar AA, Holmes AH. Farewell
to Professor Eskild Petersen - reflections on editorship in pandemic time.
Int J Infect Dis. 2022; [ePub 7 July 2022]
- Chan CP, Wong NS, Lee SS. The
double-edged impacts of COVID-19 epidemic on influenza vaccination uptake
in nurses in Hong Kong. Infect Dis 2022; [ePub ahead of print 4
- Petersen E, Zumla A, Hui DS, Blumberg L, Valdoleiros SR, Amao L,
Ntoumi F, Asogun D, Simonsen L, Haider N, Traore T, Kapata N, Dar O, Nachega
J, Abbara A, Al Balushi A, Kock R, Maeurer M, Lee SS, Lucey DR, Ippolito
G, Koopmans MPG. Vaccination
for monkeypox prevention in persons with high-risk sexual behaviours to control
on-going outbreak of monkeypox virus clade 3. Int J Infect Dis;
[ePub 1 July 2022]
- Tam G, Wong NS, Lee SS. Serial
surveys of Hong Kong medical students regarding attitudes towards HIV/AIDS
from 2007 to 2017. Hong Kong Med J. 2022 Jun;28(3):223-9.
- Wong NS, Chung SSL, Lee SS. The challenges of enhancing global preparedness
in response to the impending omicron pandemic. J Microbiol Immunol Infect.
- Kwan TH, Chan DCP, Lee SS. User
experience and usability of neumorphism and gamification user interface design
in an HIV self-test referral programme for men who have sex with men: a prospective
open-label parallel-group randomised controlled trial. JMIR Serious
Games. 2022 Jun 22;10(2):e35869.
- Wong NS, Lee SS, Chan DPC, Li TCM, Ho THY, Luk FWL,
Chow KM, Tso EYK, Yeoh E-K, Wong SYS, Hui DSC, Lui GCY. Trajectory
patterns of SARS-CoV-2 neutralising antibody response in convalescent COVID-19
patients. Commun Med. 2022;2:53 [ePub 19 May 2022]
- Leung KK, Zhang R, Hashim MJ, Fang M, Xu J, Sun D, Li X, Liu Y,
Deng H, Zeng D, Lin Z, He P, Zhang Y, Zhu X, Liang D, Xing A, Lee SS,
Memish ZA, Jiang G, Khan G. Effectiveness
of containment strategies in preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission. J
Infect Public Health. 2022 Apr 29;15(6):609-614.
- Wong NS, Wong BCK, Chan JMC, Wong KH, Tsang OTY, Mok CKP, Hui
DSC, Lee SS, Chan DPC. Surrogate
neutralisation responses following SARS-CoV-2 vaccination in people living
with HIV - comparison between inactivated and mRNA vaccine. AIDS.
2022; [ePub ahead of print 23 Apr 2022]
- Kwan TH, Wong NS, Yeoh EK, Lee SS. Shifts
of SARS-CoV-2 exposure settings in the transmission clusters of 2 epidemic
waves in Hong Kong. Int J Environ Health Res. 2022; [ePub 18 Apr
- Guo Z, Zhao S, Lee SS, Mok CKP, Wong NS, Wang J, Jia KM,
Wang MH, Yam CHK, Chow TY, Chong KC, Yeoh EK. Superspreading
potential of COVID-19 outbreak seeded by Omicron variants of SARS-CoV-2 in
Hong Kong. J Travel Med. 2022; [ePub 18 Apr 2022]
- Kwan TH, Chan CP, Wong NS, Lee SS. Awareness
of HIV functional cure and willingness in participating in related clinical
trials: comparison between antiretroviral naive and experienced men who have
sex with men living with HIV. BMC Infect Dis. 2022;22(1):383 [ePub
15 April 2022]
- Chen SMY, Wong YC, Yim LY, Zhang H, Wang H, Lui GCY, Li X, Tang
X, Cheng L, Du Y, Peng Q, Wang J, Kwok H-Y, Huang H, Lau T T-K, Chan DPC,
Wong BCK, Liu L, Chakrabarti LA, Lee SS, Chen Z. Enhanced
cross-reactive and polyfunctional effector-memory T cell responses by ICVAX
- a human PD1-based bivalent HIV-1 Gag-p41 mosaic DNA vaccine. J Virol.
2022 Apr 13;96(7):e0216121.
- Lau JYC, Wong NS, Lee KCK, Kwan TH, Lui GCY, Chan
DCP, Lee SS. What
makes an optimal delivery for PrEP against HIV: a qualitative study on MSM.
Int J STD AIDS. 2022 Mar;33(4):322-329.
- Tam G, Lee SS. Acceptance
of Opt-out HIV testing in out-patient clinics in Hong Kong. Hong Kong
Med J. 2022 Feb;28(1):86-7
- Chan CP, Li KK, Tang A, Wong SYS, Wei WI, Lee SS, Kwok KO. Effect
of prior outbreak work experience to future outbreak responses for nurses
in Hong Kong: a cross-sectional study. Collegian 2022; [ePub 20
- Lee SS, Cheng KF, Wong NS, Kwan CK, Lau OC, Chen HF, Ngan
W, Ma SP, Kam KM, Ho KM, Chung PH, Chan DPC. The
emergence of antibiotic resistant Mycoplasma genitalium as the cause of nongonococcal
urethritis in male sexually transmitted infection clinic patients. Int
J Antimicrob Agents. 2022 Feb;59(2):106510.
- Leung CLK, Li KK, Wan VWI, Wong SYS, Lee SS, Kwok KO. Profiling
vaccine believers and skeptics in nurses: A latent profile analysis. Int
J Nurs Studies. 2022 Feb;126:104142.
- Wong NS, Lee SS, Mitchell KM, Yeoh EK, Wang C. Impact
of pre-event testing and quarantine on reducing the risk of COVID-19 epidemic
rebound: a modelling study. BMC Infect Dis 2022;22:38. [ePub 24
- Lee SS, Blumburg L, Kramer L, Al-Abri S, Obeiro C, Pinto TC, Yapi
R, Abibaker AA, Petersen E. The
roots of infectious disease science [Editorial]. IJID Regions.
- Petersen E, Ntoumi F, Hui DSC et al. Emergence
of new SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern Omicron (B.1.1.529) - highlights Africa's
research capabilities, but exposes major knowledge gaps, inequities of vaccine
distribution, inadequacies in global COVID-19 response and control efforts.(Editorial)
Int J Infect Dis. 2021 Jul;108:156-158.
- Lee SS. The
challenge of minimizing tuberculosis burden in people living with HIV in the
Asia Pacific. Respirology. 2021; [ePub ahead of print 29 Nov 2021]
- Mok CKP, Cohen CA, Cheng SMS, Chen C, Kwok K-O, Yiu K, Chan T-O, Bull M,
Ling KC, Dai Z, Ng SS, Lui G
C-Y, Wu, Amerasinghe GA, Leung DW, Wong SYS, Valkenburg SA, Peiris M,
Hui DS. Comparison
of the immunogenicity of BNT162b2 and CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccines in Hong
Kong. Respirology. 2021; [ePub ahead of print 24 Nov 2021]
- Lau LHW, Wong NS, Leung CC, Chan CK, Lau AKH, Tian L, Lee SS.
of tuberculosis in intermediate endemicity setting dominated by reactivation
diseases in Hong Kong. Sci Rep. 2021;11:20259 [ePub 12 October
- Kwan TH, Wong NS, Yeoh EK, Lee SS. Mining
relationships between transmission clusters from contact tracing data: an
application for investigating COVID-19 outbreak. I Am Med Inform Assoc.
2021 Oct 12;28(11):2385-2392
- Kwan TH, Lui CY, Lam TTN, Lee KCK, Wong NS, Chan DCP, Lee
between daily and on-demand PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) regimen in covering
condomless anal intercourse for men who have sex with men in Hong Kong: A
randomized, controlled, open-label, crossover trial. J Int AIDS Soc.
2021;24:e25795 [ePub 2 Sep 2021]
- Petersen E, Schlagenhauf P, Lee SS, Blumberg L, Kramer L, Obiera
C, Al-Abri S, Cunha F, Petrosillo N, Di Caro A, Gautret P, Shafi S, Abubacar
A, Pinto TCA, Memish Z, Hui DSC, Zumla A, Grobusch MP. Mandatory
immunization against SARS-CoV-2 of athletes, companions and supporters for
the Tokyo Olympics. Int J Infect Dis. 2021 Jul;108:156-158.