Message to ALL students taking the oral placement online
1. Instead of desk-top or lap-top devices, you can always use your MP3 or smart cell phone to record your performance.
2. After answering all the questions, please attach the sound files (your answers), your written placement (Putonghua programme only) and the Language Background Form (if applicable) in the email. Please write your name and course name in the email subject line.
the email with all the attachments to the following appropriate email
4. If students did not miss out any files or documents, normally the Centre will inform them the test result and class placement by email within 1 week.
5. If you encounter any technical questions, please write to the above email addres.
The following are the technical instructions for recording using desk-top or lap-top.
A) Computer Requirements:
- Windows xp
- Windows Media player 7/realplayer
- Windows Sound Recorder/other recording software
- Speaker connected to the computer
- Microphone connected to the computer
B) Testing procedure:
1. Please start the test by selecting the language being tested
2. Read the introduction
3. Read the language situation of the first question
4. Click “prompt” to listen to the question
5. Start your “Windows Sound Recorder” and RECORD YOUR ANSWER
6. Save the sound file and use the code shown in the question to name the file. e.g. OLPIN01-CAN, OLPAN01-PTH
7. Proceed to the next question after finishing (back to #3-#6 again)
8. Try to answer as many questions as possible
The test will now begin, please select the language of course you would like to take: