The event is scheduled to be held on 13 December 2012 (Thursday) in Lee Shau Kee Building (Opening & Keynotes: LT6; Poster session: lobby, 1/F; Talks: 2/F).The Expo provides a mutually supportive and positive environment, where creative ideas or practices that lead to learning enhancement can be exchanged through meaningful conversation or interactive sharing. We welcome all ideas and practices that lead to learning enhancement in a course, a programme or across the University as a whole, regardless of whether technology is involved or not. There will be regular updates to the Expo website. The Expo has five main parts:
- Opening address (9:30 am – 9:45 am) by Pro-Vice-Chancellor Professor Kit-Tai Hau.
- Keynote addresses (9:45 am – 10:20 am; 10:40 am – 11:50 am) by the awardee and the nominees of the University Grants Committee Teaching Award at our University.
- Professor Shekhar Madhukar Kumta (presentation title: Using ‘Mastery’ to Motivate and Facilitate Student Learning).
- Doctor Wing Hung Wong (presentation title: Diascopic-Science Approach to Teaching General-Education Science).
- Professor Ming Chung Chu (presentation title: Some Experience in Experiential Learning Programmes).
- 17 Talks (11:50 am – 12:20 pm; 2:15 pm – 3:45 pm) organized in parallel sessions (25-minute slots in four sessions). The talks include information talks on defined themes and formal presentations by teachers on their work.
- An assembly of 35 poster presentations (12:20 pm – 2:15 pm). We hope our participants enjoy a light lunch while learning about new ideas and discussing with colleagues.
- The posters will be kept at the venue for poster exhibition from 14 to 21 December 2012.
The eLearning Service@CU (http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/eLearning/) is a joint service provided by ITSC and CLEAR.
|Information Technology Services Centre
| Centre for Learning Enhancement And Research